This statement describes what types of personal data we may collect and process about you if you are a customer or affiliated with one of our customers, or if you have visited our website or requested information from us. Do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions after reading this statement. All references to “we” and “us” refer to the Norwegian company NEXT Biometrics Group ASA.
1. We do not collect fingerprints about you
We offer fingerprint devices and accompanying software products. Please be aware that we do not collect or process any fingerprints scanned on our devices. The fingerprints are stored and collected solely by our customers. If you have any concerns about fingerprints that may have been collected with the aid of our devices, please consult the entity responsible for that data collection.
2. We process personal data about our customers
In connection with the purchase of our products, we process information about our customers, including:
– Name of contact person affiliated with the customer (if the customer is a legal person)
– Contact information (e-mail and phone number) to the contact person
– Name and contact information to the customer
We retain customer information for five years, pursuant to the storage obligation in Section 13 of the Norwegian Bookkeeping Act. In the event of outstanding amounts or customer disputes, we may store information for the duration necessary to solve the dispute in court.
3. We process personal data about people requesting marketing material from us
We store your e-mail address and name if you sign up for our e-mail newsletter. We delete your e-mail address and name immediately if you unsubscribe. You may unsubscribe to our newsletters by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of every newsletter you have received.
4. We process personal data with cookies on our website
The cookies will expire two years after you visited the website. You may delete all our cookies in the “Settings”-menu of your browser. Our cookies may also be disabled by visiting the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. You have the right to information, access, correction and deletion
You have the right to request additional information from us about how we process your personal information. You also have the right to request:
– access to all the personal data we have stored about you,
– us to correct any errors in the personal data we have stored about you, and
– deletion of your personal data
Your personal data will be deleted when the data is no longer needed for the processing purposes specified in Section 1-4 above.
6. You may file a complaint
If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data, you are welcome to file a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet):https://www.datatilsynet.no/om-datatilsynet/kontakt-oss/hvordan-kan-jeg-klage-til-datatilsynet/ or the relevant data protection authority in your country.